Located in west Buckhead, Castlewood is considered to be one of Atlanta’s smaller neighborhoods with about 750 residents. For those seeking a more private golfing experience, the Cherokee Town and Country Club is just minutes away. It ‘s proximity to major medical centers, such as The Shepherds Center and Piedmont Hospital, make it a sought after community for many.
History of Castlewood, GA
The Castlewood community was developed during the early 1950s in the midst of a post-WWII economic boom in Atlanta. The neighborhood, comprised of six streets, is now bordered by Howell Mill, Arden, Moores Mill, West Wesley, and Northside Parkway. Today the neighborhood still houses many estates dating back to the 1950’s, as well as many new construction homes.
- The Castlewood Civic Association organizes many annual community events
- Home to Atlanta Memorial Park
- Just minute north of Midtown
- Large secluded, wooded lots
- Walking distance to some of Atlanta’s most sought after schools
- Bitsy Grant Tennis Center
- Cherokee Town and Country Club
- Bobby Jones Golf Course
- Peachtree Battle Shopping Center
Real Estate Information
Popular style homes found in Castlewood:
- Brick ranch
- Two-story family homes
Average Price of Homes
The average price of a home in Castlewood is $750,000.
- Argonne Forest
- Memorial Park
- Moores Mill / Northside
- Peachtree Battle Alliance
- West Buckhead
- Morris Brandon Elementary School
- Sutton Middle School
- North Atlanta High School
Contact Bayne Group today to find your ideal home in Castlewood and the surrounding areas.
Listings identified with the FMLS IDX logo come from FMLS and are held by brokerage firms other than the owner of this website. The listing brokerage is identified in any listing details. Information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. If you believe any FMLS listing contains material that infringes your copyrighted work please click here to review our DMCA policy and learn how to submit a takedown request. © 2018 First Multiple Listing Service, Inc.